Dan, I didn't finish reading this post, no time at the moment, but when you use
thew word "they" you're primarily talking about those who are submitting work.
The Pentax team ("they") doesn't get involved 'til, having survived the "Yes" &
"No" voting parameters, the images are passed along for final disposition.
No doubt the voting composition is continually changing.

Jack