Hi all,
I've started a new chain with this letter because I think it important
for some of us who may be confused with the rules regarding PUG submissions.

I started the older chain of conversation with this (condensed):

<<My photo in the PUG this month is a dissapointment for me due to its
noticeable pixelation. The original image, in Velvia, is an incredibly
sharp, extremely "loud" photo, as probably only Velvia can do.
The photo I sent was under 75k, and the length and width, were within
the parameters stated on the pre-submission page.

On my computer, the final, re-sized, retouched Jpeg, ready for the
gallery looked great on my computer.
When I view the same image on our gallery, it looks awful (relatively
speaking).

I tried to keep the image as close to the limit in size as allowed, in
hopes of having the best quallity I can hope for shown. I tweak the
image with the "save for web" command (I use Photoshop  6),  until I get
to the 75k size limit.>>

Bob S., in his comment mentioned something important:

<<I see a 600x410 picture with a size of 26K.
Didn't you say that you sent 75K?
Perhaps this accounts for your artifacts.>>

I suppose this is going over my  head when we begin to talk about jpeg
compression, but is my file size is 74k when closed, and stored on the
server, does  it suddenly take up more space on the server when it is open?

So, the actual image must be under 75k when it is open?
And one last puzzlement, why isn't the code for the page written so that
the thumbnails will show  in both netscape and explorer?

Regards to all from cajunland USA...
Sid B