Bob W wrote:

Well, you've already made a major contribution to the well-being of the
list. By using the phrase 'lurk and learn' you've reminded me of the great
British comic, er "children's illustrated magazine", called 'Look and
Learn', my sole companion when I spent 6 weeks in the school sick room as a
13 year old, and I now discover it's online!

How to get a classical education and squeeze your pocks at the same time:
<http://www.lookandlearn.com/>
<http://www.lookandlearn.com/about.php>

Unless my mother has had another manic throwing out phase, the first ten years' production is stored at my parents' house.

It's been difficult to find a modern equivalent, although there are some excellent DVDs.
http://www.magicofmaking.com/