On 8/27/2010 9:18 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:
Larry Colen wrote:

On Aug 27, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Brian Walters wrote:

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 00:14 +0100, "Paul Dunderdale"<dund...@mcb.net>
wrote:
A couple of years ago:  I took months to figure that I couldn't post in
RTF, then I figured that I had nothing much to say.  And if a man has
nothing to say, the very least he can do is to *shut up* (Lehrer).
Ah.  A Lehrer fan.  You'll get on well here....
A friend of Godfrey's, lurking and learning.
Better yet, a man that knows how to lurk. A skill that I need to acquire one of
these days.

My old usenet haunt (alt.peeves) had a one word faq: "lurk".
Whay wasn't there ever an newsgroup called "alt.lurk"? That woulda
been cool.

:-)

You could always start one.

--
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral
bankruptcy."