On 29 August 2010 00:47, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
> I probably got it when I bought someones bag of gear, saw that it was a TC
> and just tossed it in the drawer without looking at it.
>
> I just tried it out and it seems to work fine on autofocus.  Does anyone have
> any experience with one of these? Would it degrade an image less than
> cropping it by a factor of 1.4?
>
> Another cool realization I had was that my Sigma 20/1.8 will work just fine
> on a K1000 body that I've got lying around, and it'll give me a view that is
> wider, and faster, than my 16-50 on the digital body.  Albeit, that ASA 400
> film doesn't seem to be nearly as good as ASA 400 on the sensor.
>
> In any case, it should be fun to play with.

one of the best around, optically speaking. As far as AF goes, there
are two versions, one of which works well with SDM and one which
doesn't. The one that does is the "MC4" version, which should be
printed on the TC body. Because these are no longer manufactured, they
go for a pretty penny, and I've seen them sell for $350 or more on
eBay.

And yet that doesn't seem to be enough of a sign for Pentax to
introduce their own 1.4x TC...

Any Sigma lens that's DG (not DC) and has an aperture ring will work
on manual focus Pentax film cameras. I've used my FA 20mm f/2.8 on an
ME Super with good results; I wonder how my Sigma 24mm f/1.8 would
work out in low light with 1600 ASA film... I'd need a 16mm f/1.8 on
my K10D to match that.

Are Pentax making any 16mm f/1.8 primes yet?  :-)

--M.
--

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com

    http://EnticingTheLight.com