From: Godfrey DiGiorgi
You should convince her to set the "Camera Raw Cache Settings" to the
default location. A cache size of 1 to 4 Gbytes is about right for
most users. In Lightroom 3.2, this setting is in the Lightroom
Preferences dialog, "File Handling" tab panel.

Without being specific, because I didn't know exactly what was causing it, I'd already suggested pretty much that ... whatever was creating the cache files was set to desktop when it should be set to a folder.

But it seems like one of those things where she'd rather bitch about it than listen to anything an old man might suggest. I've offered my idea and she can do what she wants. I'm going to let it go.