For me, the write speed was the big improvement over the *istD.  I don't recall
using af on it very often.  The K20 was an improvement in af but I still
manually focus it quite a bit.  The K-x is much better at af than the K20 and I
suspect the K7 is even better.  Give them a few more models and they might end
up with an ok AF system.

Of course I never bought in to the Pentax system because of AF...grin
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.