That's a great story.  I know the K20D has that capability and the
K10D could be hacked in the original firmware version to do some
adjusting.  It doesn't surprise me that the K10D could be improved and
wasn't.  You are also the first person I've heard this from.  Of
course, that still means the problem "can't" be fixed, just that the
"can't" has a higher proportion of "won't".  ;-)

--
Steve Desjardins