Another update: the power is back on at our house.  Now I can use my own
computer with its dodgy battery...

Getting a bit tired now after the 4:30am alarm.  I think I'll need a snooze.  I
am really glad the weather is nice today.  I was planning on riding my new bike
today but have called that off :(

Dave