On Sep 4, 2010, at 6:28 PM, Bob W wrote:

> glad to hear you're ok.
>
> The BBC wants your pictures:
> < http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11183685>

There's not a lot of interest I can supply.  We walked to the local petrol
station for some milk earlier and you wouldn't know anything had happened.  We
saw one twisted fence, a few hairline cracks across the road and a couple of
damaged chimneys.

Here are a few snaps I took of our place, plus a seismographic drum recording
(where it's red they've clipped the reading to prevent it obscuring the rest of
the image).

http://www.multi.net.nz/quake/

I'll try and see what I can get from the CBD on Monday.  It does look pretty
dangerous and there are likely to be several roads closed depending on what the
building engineers say.

They've declared a State of Emergency and have set a curfew tonight from 7pm to
7am.  All licensed [for liquor] premises have been closed.  The aftershocks are
still annoying me and they'll be continuing for another couple of days.

I'd be thinking about moving to Australia if it wasn't for the snakes & spiders.

Cheers,
Dave