Totally not. Unless you /reeeeally/ like the case that is...

The point I was making was that all cost considered some people may
just have to find it sensible to put a few dollars into an old box
just because the new box would also require tons of software
purchases. And as for XP mode, Adam, if you mean the XP virtual
machine shipped with the higher editions of Windows 7, I totally agree
with you - I have that and it works most of the time given that it was
software written for XP in the first place...

I think there is enough in this discussion otherwise =) And that cable
advice is definitely good!

Cheers
Ecke