I have an iMac 24, a 2009 model. With the brightness turned all the way down
and the monitor calibrated with my Spyder 2, the prints on both my R2400 and
R2880 are a virtual perfect match for the monitor. And the publishers I shoot
for find the levels of my files spot on -- as does the histogram. Perhaps I got
lucky, but I have no brightness issue with the iMac.
Paul