Greetings, all---

Today, I enabled myself with the Pentax smc FA 100mm 2.8 macro lens.
Funny thing is,  it happened kind of by accident... I thought I was
purchasing the DFA 100mm 2.8 macro (the non-WR version), but it turns
out I overlooked the missing "D" when I placed my order.  Whoops.

Anyway, I picked it up to use for some jewelry shots I'm doing for a
client. When I saw that it wasn't what I had in mind, I wasn't sure...
it has a kind of funky look to it, with a deeply recessed lens.   But
-- I'm really liking it so far.  The images are sharp, and the AF is
fast.  I think this could be the start of a very nice relationship...

What I wonder is this:  what am I missing out on because of my
shopping cart mix-up?  (Besides the price difference...)  I'm not sure
I understand the difference between the DFA & FA designations...  Are
there other features of either lens that I should consider before I
declare this one a keeper?

Thanks,
-c