On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Aaron Reynolds wrote:

> I've seen results from several generations of the old 738, from when I
> was working at Sterling and more recently from a friend who purchased
> one of the new ones based on my recommendation of the old one.  The
> 738 takes a very good picture for a point and shoot, and also is
> reasonably featured (allowing a bulb mode, which is nice), and is
> downright cheap compared to its competition.  I believe that my friend
> bought a 738M for less than $170 Canadian at Black's.

Personally, I'd rather get an Olympus Stylus Epic for that money, but if
you want a zoom camera, the 738 is a nice little camera.  The viewfinder
is a lot better than it used to be, though it's still not as large or
clear as Canon's Zoom 76.  We sell the 738 non-date model for $139 CAN,
just as a reference point.

chris