On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 5:24 AM, mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> frank theriault wrote:

>> It has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do
>> with being sensitive and respectful towards others.
>
> It appears to me that there is a number of listers who find _all_ forms of
> organised religion contrary to their beliefs to the point of offensiveness.
>  So....

In fact, I'm irreligious.  Atheistic agnostic, to be exact.  I'm
certain that there's no God or gods, but since I can't prove a
negative, I'm agnostic.

I do find many religions to be offensive (~not~ Judaism, BTW), and
that includes many so-called mainstream ones.

However I respect those individuals whose beliefs are different from
mine even if I don't respect the beliefs.  I also understand the
importance of culture and rites (including holidays).

No matter how I feel about religion in general, I try to be respectful
and sensitive toward all ~people~, despite their world-view.  Given
the nature of this list, represented by cultures and religions from
around the world, I'd hope that most list-members share my tolerance.

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson