Oh hell, I'm irreligious, I /know/ there's a God, I just can't define God well enough to believe in religion.

On 9/11/2010 7:37 AM, frank theriault wrote:
On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 5:24 AM, mike wilson<m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com>  wrote:

frank theriault wrote:
It has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do
with being sensitive and respectful towards others.
It appears to me that there is a number of listers who find _all_ forms of
organised religion contrary to their beliefs to the point of offensiveness.
  So....
In fact, I'm irreligious.  Atheistic agnostic, to be exact.  I'm
certain that there's no God or gods, but since I can't prove a
negative, I'm agnostic.

I do find many religions to be offensive (~not~ Judaism, BTW), and
that includes many so-called mainstream ones.

However I respect those individuals whose beliefs are different from
mine even if I don't respect the beliefs.  I also understand the
importance of culture and rites (including holidays).

No matter how I feel about religion in general, I try to be respectful
and sensitive toward all ~people~, despite their world-view.  Given
the nature of this list, represented by cultures and religions from
around the world, I'd hope that most list-members share my tolerance.

cheers,
frank

--
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral
bankruptcy."