On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Walter Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Just wanted to share a few shots I took today with a lens I bought a couple
> of months ago, but have yet to really use beyond just pointing it at
> something to check out sharpness.  It's a Promaster EDO AF LD 70-300mm
> 1:4-5.6 tele-macro (1:2).  I noticed some pretty severe fringes at f/4, but
> otherwise, I feel it's a pretty competent lens for under $200 US.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4983990651/#/photos/walt_gilbert/4983990651/lightbox/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4983990651/#/photos/walt_gilbert/4983935877/lightbox/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4983990651/#/photos/walt_gilbert/4984529590/lightbox/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4983990651/#/photos/walt_gilbert/4983925255/lightbox/
> (Note the blue around the nostril in this one -- I'll need to do some
> desaturation on that.)
>
> Anyone else had any experience with this lens, and advice on getting the
> most out of it?
>
> And, of course, suggestions, critiques, and inappropriate comments are
> always welcome.

Not a bad lens at all, if these samples are representative.

I have no idea how to get the best out of a lens.  I just shoots
pictures is all.

I like the saturated colour renditions of these, though.  Interesting
photos, too - well done, all of them!

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson