Just wanted to share a few shots I took today with a lens I bought a couple of months ago, but have yet to really use beyond just pointing it at something to check out sharpness. It's a Promaster EDO AF LD 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 tele-macro (1:2). I noticed some pretty severe fringes at f/4, but otherwise, I feel it's a pretty competent lens for under $200 US.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4983990651/#/photos/walt_gilbert/4983990651/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4983990651/#/photos/walt_gilbert/4983935877/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4983990651/#/photos/walt_gilbert/4984529590/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4983990651/#/photos/walt_gilbert/4983925255/lightbox/
(Note the blue around the nostril in this one -- I'll need to do some desaturation on that.)

Anyone else had any experience with this lens, and advice on getting the most out of it?

And, of course, suggestions, critiques, and inappropriate comments are always welcome.

Best,

Walt