On Sep 15, 2010, at 9:31 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:

> Many announcements lately. I wrote a blog entry...
>
> http://pentax-ways.blogspot.com/2010/09/exciting-times-or-not.html
>
> What quothes you?

The thing is that for most people choosing a camera isn't based on a simple
scalar quantity like cost or resolution, but a very complex vector:
cost, resolution, high iso quality, low iso quality, size, ease of use, ease of
manual focus, auto focus speed, exposure accuracy, and so forth.

I'm also coming to reject the single brand theory of camera ownership.  Yes,
it's nice to have all of your lenses work on all of your bodies,  but bodies
are becoming damn near expendable these days, and it's almost a case of buying
a lens/body combination to do a particular job.

So, if you need a capability that can only be achieved with a canon lens, or a
nikon body, buy what you need in that family to do that job.

Assuming, of course, that you have the money to buy multiple camera bodies.