I wouldn't bother with any short range zoom that only went to 35mm at
the short end.  It's really only a normal field of view, and the long
end of neither lens goes high enough to be worth the effort of
changing lenses.

I'd be looking for a fast 50mm (even f2 is 1.5 to 2 stops better than
the zooms you quoted) or any 85mm lens if you like portraiture or
performance from the edge of the stage.  If your preference is
close-up nature photography then think about a macro lens, some of the
older Pentax-M and A series f4 macros must be getting quite cheap now.

regards, Anthony

   "Of what use is lens and light
    to those who lack in mind and sight"
                                               (Anon)