On Sep 22, 2010, at 7:43 PM, Anthony Farr wrote:

> I'd be looking for a fast 50mm (even f2 is 1.5 to 2 stops better than
> the zooms you quoted) or any 85mm lens if you like portraiture or
> performance from the edge of the stage.  If your preference is
> close-up nature photography then think about a macro lens, some of the
> older Pentax-M and A series f4 macros must be getting quite cheap now.

Thanks, Anthany. Maybe I have all I need for the time being. In addition to the
other lenses I mentioned, I have a 50mm f1.7 m and a 100mm f4 macro m. And with
the P3n body that I mentioned purchasing today I'll be getting a 50mm f2.0 a.
[Both for $40. Perhaps it'll be suggested that the P3n isn't worth it?]

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net