From: "P N Stenquist"
Subject: Re: Photokina observations...

I wouldn't describe Pentax is stalled. The upgrades have been continuous. There have never been any official rumors of a larger sensor in a Pentax compact DSLR body. (What's full? Al sensors are full size if they're not nicked or chipped.) The K5 is substantially improved over the K7. But let the whining begin:-)

People seem not to realize that the competition has followed pretty much chain of upgrades, albeit a couple of years ago. It's quite a balancing act producing new cameras I'll bet, especially when you are quite far behind the performance curve of the very best. One has to improve things enough with new a model to entice the user base of it's predecessor to buy, and also to entice people who didn't buy last time to buy this time. Don't put enough on and too many people wait it out and the camera dies in it's crib, put too much on and you have wasted a future opportunity of making sales on a future camera. I'd like to see Pentax making bigger steps, especially with the AF, but I'll buy the K5 for the sensor, if nothing else.

William Robb