On 3/10/10, Thibouille, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Got the message about Interfit. Is it supposed to be any good at all
>?? (by 'supposed' I mean, sometimes things are known to be best thing
>since sliced bread but really they are not)
>Or is Interfit really a piece of crap ?

Actually I'm being bit cavalier - Interfit as a brand is fine as long as
you understand that it is a budget range. If I had to buy a light to
once or twice a year, Interfit would be a good choice. If I had to buy a
light to use once or twice a day, Interfit would be a bad choice (IMO!)
although there are probably plenty of Interfit lighting users out there
who are quite happy with their lot. That's because they haven't used
anything better!

I think it's the design I'm slating more than the brand - with
continuous lighting, it's all about design and control. If you put a
large metal dish in front of a bulb, guess what - it's going to radiate
heat, lots of it. If you design a way to control the light but take the
heat elsewhere rather than beam it at the subject, then that's got to be
a Good Thing (tm).

HTH

bon chance!

--