PJ,
Well, not many people know that Herman Gouring made a secret trip to
Japan in 1943.
He shared lens and ariel photography expertise with the Japanese.
I have a special Asahiflex camera that he was given to commorate the visit.
My Uncle Bill acquired it when he served with US Army Counter Intelligence
in Germany (Bavaria?) after the war.
Regards,  Bob S.