As I hasten to stipulate at every opportunity, I'm pretty new to photography, and I have what may seem to be a stupid question. So, please indulge me.

That said, what do all of you real photographers do with images that may be flawed, but still have some redeeming qualities to them. For instance, a shot that's too poorly focused to rescue with sharpening tools and so forth, but does capture a sense of action that is somewhat appealing. Like this one, for example:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7X4Utq1sTP4AoZG2S3S0zQ?feat=directlink

As you can see, it's a fairly severe crop, and has been sharpened already to the point where it exhibits a pretty prominent halo as a result. I do have a copy of the image, pre-halo, but not the original file -- which I seem to have deleted somehow. I don't see the image ever being finessed to the point where it's printable, but I hate to just discard it because of the sense of action. Do you all generally keep images like these, or just send them down the memory hole to rid yourself of torment and temptation to return it in futility?

Any guidance and/or damnation with faint praise are, as always, greatly appreciated.

Best,

Walt