There's still a bit of halo around the bird, and focus seems to be on the far wing. Still in all it's a very nice attempt.

On 10/6/2010 2:06 PM, Walter Gilbert wrote:
After posting the question regarding what images to keep vs. which to delete, I thought I'd post this one ... the first in-flight capture of a bird I ever took. This is the one that got me hooked on it, and what made me immediately fall in love with my K-x. It remains one of my favorites among all the photos I've taken.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/5057232937/
K-x, DA L 50-200mm, f/5.6, ISO 800, 1/6000, Shutter Priority

Unfortunately, when I resized it it stripped all the XIF data out, but fortunately (thanks to Picasa) I still have the original file.

Comments, critiques, and hagiographic commentary are, of course, welcome.

-- Walt

--
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral
bankruptcy."