From: "Boris Liberman"
Subject: Re: PESO: Another Dog Picture

Bill, is it then right that a dog has an intelligence of average two-three years old child then? Asked without any put, intent to offend, etc - really curious.

Do three year olds stick their noses in disgusting places?

Seriously though, this seems to be the common wisdom, I don't know if it's intelligence though, or just the ability to learn things, which dogs are actually very good at, though their thinking tends to be much more linear than humans. My old Rottie (Leica) was regarded among the dog people I hung out with as one of the smartest dogs any of them had run into, and I would have put her equally as smart as any 3 year old.

William Robb