On 10/6/2010 10:51 PM, frank theriault wrote:
Oddly, lots of messengers smoke.  I used to smoke.  It's quite an art
smoking whilst riding fast.  You've kind of got to keep your head up,
tilt a bit to the right and hang the cigarette "just so" out the
corner of your mouth.  That way smoke and ashes get blown over your
shoulder and not into your face.

What about your lungs? /ducks for cover/

A significant number of messengers also smoke vast quantities of pot.
They smoke it during the day while they work.  It's thought that
smoking cigarettes gets rid of the pot smell.

Of course they're wrong.

Hmmm....

I suppose that they also figure that since they're polluting the hell
out of their lungs with weed, a few ciggies won't do much more damage.

Given the lung mode of operation when one is riding...

BTW, I didn't know they had bike messengers in Jerusalem.  Cool!

It is actually Tel Aviv ;-). I did not know that either, until a few days ago.

Boris