On Oct 9, 2010, at 5:26 PM, Christine Nielsen wrote:

> And think about bringing a tripod.  We first
> entered the park at sunset -- which was SPECTACULAR.  I was totally
> kicking myself for leaving my lightweight tripod at home...  it would
> have been great to do some longer exposures at sunset.

Thanks, Christine. Low-light, long-exposure definitely intrigues me. [I have
absolutely no experience.] I have a decent tripod, but hauling it along would
mean checking it. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

Prime photographing country, I know. And I do want to stay open to suggestions.
But I've got some constraints I wouldn't have if this were of photography trip.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net