The 28-200 is surprisingly compact, and much better than it's reputation, (formed on 35mm film), when coupled with a APS-C sensor. It doesn't however give you anything like a wide angle. You can however get them relatively cheaply. Unfortunately KEH doesn't have one in stock right now, they often have a couple for much less than $150.00, (no matter how much I talk that lens up for digital, I can't seem to kite the price).