It doesn't make sense, but that fits with what I've encountered with
other companies, as well.  Unless the retailer has a brick & mortar
store, they usually aren't excited about the prospect of customers
dropping by the warehouse to pick up their orders.  I think it might
have to do with insurance... A couple of years ago, I tried to arrange
to pick up a purchase from an online retailer's location/distribution
center/warehouse in my town, and was told that was not possible.  Not
even for an extra charge.

-c