Something with as few frills and choices as possible. And megapixels are
insignificant since I doubt that any of them will be making 11x14 prints.

My mother is a senior citizen (89), and I cannot imagine a camera simple enough
for her to use. Next time you're at the store, take note of any senior citizens
who try to use a debit card to pay for their purchase. The cashier will have to
tell them every step and usually has to reach around to push the "Accept"
button for them. Technology is very confusing for people who are not used to
it. I bought Mom a telephone with Caller ID on it. She can't use it. Too
complicated. Too many choices.

Something with an optical viewfinder would be good. Having trifocals and trying
to see that LCD is murder.

It has to be easy or, like a cell phone, it won't get used at all.

Jeffery