On Oct 13, 2010, at 7:49 AM, Walter Hamler wrote:

> I need some input. I have been asked to give a short presentation to a
> group of senior citizens on "choosing and using a digital camera".
> I know what I have and need, but my criteria may be different than
> some, or even most. So how about some input from you folks. DSLR's and
> P&S will be addressed.

If they want a DSLR, and don't already have a bunch of lenses, tell them to buy
a cheap used DSLR, that it doesn't matter at all what they get.  Once they've
shot with it for a while, they'll have a much better idea of what they need
from one, and will then be able to make an intelligent choice about brands, and
sell it for nearly what they paid for it.  If they don't learn more about it in
a few months of shooting, then it doesn't matter what they buy, and they saved
a bunch of money by buying used gear.