From: "Bob Sullivan"
Subject: Re: GESO: Moose

Thanks Rob, moose are distant relatives of deer and only seen in the north.

We were camping near a hot spring along the Lochsa rinver in Idaho many, many years ago. It was a short walk, perhaps a half mile to the hot spring, on a fairly typical forest path. We had the annoying little dog with us, a small terrier /spaniel cross named Zenit.. While not the most trustworthy dog about bugging out, she was good about not going far and recalling immediately, so we were allowing her some offleash time. Suddenly she goes haring off into the forest yelling at the top of her lungs. And there was a series of very loud crashes as something very large took off away (fortunately) from us. I caught a glimpse of the rump of an animal, and thought great, the dumb little bitch scared off someone's ride. And then I realized that this would have had to be a mutantly large Clydesdale to be a horse, and that she had scared herself a Moose.

Bloody huge animals.

William Robb