Miserere wrote:

>He probably needs to use Hoya's Super HMC filters, which seems
>appropriate for a Pentax forum.

Hey, that's on topic!

And it raises a fascinating (and real) possibility: For as long as I
can remember people have been complaining about Hoya's HMC filters;
not their effectiveness but rather how difficult they are to clean.
But now that Hoya owns Pentax they ought to be able to use Pentax SMC
on their filters. (I have a couple of Pentax SMC UV filters and on the
rare occasions when I use a UV filters, they perform superbly (in
terms of flare-resistance and "easy-to-cleaniness").

Someone needs to grab Ned Bunnell's ear and get this idea over to
Japan.