So, it's not just me!

I inherited a Hoya skylight filter on a second-hand lens and have noticed that it's hell to clean. I thought maybe it'd been damaged or had gotten some kind of residue on it, but never noticed any effect on my images. Still, whenever I've spotted a smudge on it and tried to clean it, it's always so stubborn that I'm afraid I'll damage it with all the "scrubbing", as it were.

In that case, I agree.  SMC coating would be nice.

-- Walt