Paul Stenquist wrote:

This '64 Dodge 330 was one of 50 factory drag-racing cars that Chrysler
built in 1964. They were equipped with a hopped up version of the 426 cubic inch hemi V8, with dual 4-barrel carbs on a ram manifold, 12.5:1 compression
ratio and warmed over valve timing. The front bumper, doors, fenders and
hood were aluminum, and the side windows were lexan. The cars had no
backseat and is equipped with two small front seats from a compact Dodge
van. Radio, ac and heater were deleted. No sound deadening was used. This
car, which was owned by Chicago's Grand Spaulding Dodge, ran the quarter
mile in 10.8 seconds at 130 mph with Pat Minick driving. It disappeared
after the 1964 season and was resurrected in 1979 by a weekend warrior, who
was unaware of its origins. Many years later, his son totaled it at a
dragstrip in Wisconsin. While the car was gathering dust, he grew curious
about its past and researched the fender tag data and VIN number. It's
history was easy to determine. It has since been restored to its original
1964 race condition, and is owned by South Oak Dodge in suburban Chicago.

I shot it on an airport tarmac in Columbus, Ohio. The pavement was a mess,
so I created a gray, concrete-like surface in PhotoShop. The light was
awful. It was a dark and gloomy day, but I pumped it up a bit and sharpened
the car's shadow.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=11836389&size=lg

Paul, I like so much your car pics and this is no exception for sure. However, sometimes I find those concrete-like pavements a bit off the mark. Have you ever thought/tried shooting some good tarmacs here and there, to use as 'spare' pavements?

Dario