From: Rob Studdert
On 24 October 2010 11:33, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

What can I say, I'm a fiscally constrained gear slut. If I had
the money all of my camera bags would be filled with whatever
gear looked interesting, no matter who made it.

Me too I guess (excepting Canon DSLRs of course ;-)

Years ago, I was on USENET - rec.photo.marketplace.equipment.35mm or something like. The village idiot there was some guy going by the moniker of Anika1980 who shot Canon.

His schtick was he always had Canon's latest and greatest and that was the best camera in the world and that made him by default the worlds greatest photographer in a really smarmy "my shit don't stink 'cause I've got a Canon camera that does everything perfectly, so why do the rest of you even bother?" sort of way.

I don't have the language to express how boorish he was, other than to say I took a vow I would never use Canon.