On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Jeffery Smith <jsmith...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Thanks for your input, Godfrey. I used little more than an HTML editor for a
> couple of years. If I could make a page with a table on it, I could make a
> thumbnails page. If I could make a black page with a photo and some links on
> it, I could really do the less. It seems like the freebee html editor back
> then was a Microsoft product (Frontpage Express?).
>
> I've tried to find iWeb in my applications folder, but I must have deleted
> it. In fact, I may have deleted all of iLife when I got concerned about
> filling up my hard drive. I'll give Taco a look. Of the non-free editors out
> there, Freeway Express looks most like Name Web Editor, but I don't know a
> single soul who uses it, which is scary,

You can re-install the standard applications from your Mac OS X
distribution DVD, if you have deleted iWeb.

What I do more of the time these days, beyond creating the simple,
non-public client pages I deliver work with, is create web galleries
in Lightroom and then edit the HTML with BBEdit/TextWrangler to
customize it. An example is this user gallery for an event I covered
in June:
http://www.gdgphoto.com/mcccs/

It took me just a few minutes to add my customized headers and the
QuickTime video presentation to the pages as exported from Lightroom.
I then just FTP the whole folder up to gdgphoto.com and can add a link
to the appropriate place on the site main pages if desired.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com