On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Miserere <miser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 November 2010 08:26, Jaume Lahuerta <jlah...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> DxO has tested the D7000:
>> http://www.dslrmagazine.com/pruebas/pruebas-tecnicas/nikon-d7000-sensor-raw.html
>>
>> And the K-5 gets an slight advantage thanks to its ISO 80 setting, not
>> present
>> in the D7000.
>
> I suppose it's time for me to do my thing. Pentax K-5 vs Nikon D7000
> vs Canon 7D:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2wdn99t
>
> Looking at these scores, there is no appreciable difference between
> the K-5 and the D7000. Real World(TM) shooting might tell us
> otherwise, but DxO simply tells us this Sony sensor is very good when
> in the right hands. I say this because the Sony A55, with the same
> sensor, doesn't get as good scores as the other two cameras:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/322v5mk
>
> Note especially the poor high ISO score. At low ISO you need a good
> sensor, but at high ISO you also need great algorithms.
>

>  --M.

Note the A55 loses at least 1/3 of a stop due to the pellix mirror
(which is made up by increased sensor gain) and runs the sensor hotter
due to permanent LV feed. The telling performance for Sony will be the
A580 which is the same sensor and processing chain as the A55 without
the pellix mirror or permanent LV compromising performance. I expect
it to lag in High ISO but be comparable at low ISO.

-Adam