On Sunday, February 10, 2002, at 01:48  AM, Bruce Dayton wrote:

> Hey all you 67 users,
>
> Do you have any tips or guides to go by when handholding this thing?
> Is the 1/focal length rule still good to follow?

Hey, Bruce...does this mean you GOT one?  :)

I hold my 67 the same way I hold my 35mm -- left hand under the mirror
box, with left fingers and thumb cradling the lens and operating focus
and aperture.  I think you can figure out how to use your right hand.  ;)

I've found that I can hand hold 1/60 with the 105mm without any real
trouble, and I can pull off 1/30 hand-held with the mirror lock most of
the time.  Whenever the subject is stationary, I use the mirror lock,
more out of paranoia than anything else.  I haven't tried even slower
speeds with the 75mm yet.

> Also, I will probably be looking a bit differently at films now that
> the negative is of good size.  I had been using quite a bit of Reala
> for it's lower contrast, small grain and saturated colors.  Should I
> still be using it on the 67 or are there other alternatives/favorites
> that you all have?

If you like Reala, then 120 Reala will give you what you like and then
more.  Just try to envision all of your favourite 35mm films with less
grain and smoother tones.

I like NPC from Fuji, which is like Reala, but a little more saturated
and a little less crisp.  If you've used NPS, NPC is simply a saturated
version of NPS.  I also like NPS for a little more restrained colour
palette.  Agfa Portrait is also wonderful for this, and in 120 is less
plagued by its large-ish (compared to NPS) grain.  Agfa Portrait is even
less saturated than NPS.

-Aaron