Stan Halpin wrote:

Go for the 12-24. 'Tis a very nice lens, as is the 16-50. The advantage is that the 12-24 will supplement your present kit; you'll still have the 18-55 for when you need a bit longer. Later when you sell another catalog or two you can upgrade the 18-55 to a 16-50. If you get the 16-50 now, you've increased quality but you haven't expanded your options.

What Stan said. I strongly support his view on this topic and I love the 12-24.

Dario