From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Boris Liberman
Sent: Wednesday, 24 November 2010 5:31 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: wide angle zoom comparison...

On 11/24/2010 4:44 AM, paul stenquist wrote:
> Have you actually tried both? I did a quick and dirty test of the
> Sigma and found it seriously lacking. LIke most Sigma's it's build
> quality leaves a lot to be desired. The Pentax 12-24, on the other
> hand, is an excellent lens.
>
> Paul

Paul, I've cheaper Sigma 24-60/2.8 EX lens and it's build quality is second
to none. I've held and shot with DA* 16-50/2.8 and Sigma is built just as
good. The only thing Sigma lacks is WR sealing, but that's known in advance.
If other Sigma EX lenses are built like 24-60/2.8, I see no reason to worry.

The QC and sample variation are an issue, but it seems that no manufacturer
is immune to this particular detriment.

Boris

follow the directions.