On 11/29/2010 12:44 PM, Jaume Lahuerta wrote:
Thx for the link. I was quite interested in the lens but the current price...

K-5 body only: 1200 EUR
K-5 with 18-135: 1800 EUR
18-135 alone: 722 EUR

And probably it will not be optically better than my current Sigma 17-70 (except
maybe for the AF according to the review).

Regards,
Jaume

I concur, Jaume. The 18-135/3.5-5.6 is just plain slow. Your Sigma is faster, slightly wider and probably just as good optically if not better. I still believe that the smaller zoom factor is (longest f.l. divided by shortest f.l.) - the less compromises can be made during lens design.

I should say that having been shooting a lot with Sigma 24-60/2.8, I've grown to appreciate Sigma EX series. This lens is extremely high value for the money one usually buys it for (order of USD 250).

One thing bothers me about the review that Miserere informed us about - I'd like to see real life shots in various conditions. But then again, the reviews like those on photozone are easy to get used to. I don't even care much about the reviews themselves, but photozone publishes interesting and useful real life examples of the lens.

This new lens is indeed very fascinating and I would gladly read more about it.

Boris