Hi Simon,
although I haven't both the MZ-5n and the MZ-6, but since last Friday I
have the MZ-6 and the MZ-M - that has  interface quite similar to the
one of MZ-5n.  My first impressions on them, after using MZ-M for more
than 3 years and MZ-6 just for 2 days:
1. Setting of aperture - is the same on both bodies by using the
aperture ring on the lens. Mz-6 has the other way - using the select
switch, the one around the release button (lens aperture on "A"
position).
2. Setting of shutter speed - MZ-M (5N) through the speed dial. MZ-6
only by using select switch. And this way IMO is more convenient - with
MZ-M I always was a little bit frustrated  - can't set shutter speed
without seeing the dial. With MZ-6 it's very comfortably to change the
speed while looking through the viewfinder. And changing both the speed
and aperture is also convenient - simply pressing select switch changes
speed, when additionally Exposure compensation button is pressed down -
changes aperture. Compensation button is located at the left side of the
lens mount - very comfortable to press while holding lens - even easier
than to turn aperture ring.
3. Other controls - manual/auto focus, exposure lock button, DOF
preview, flash popup button are situated at the same places as in 5N.

MZ-6 has also many more features, as you can see from specifications.
User functions, advanced flash support, and the spot metering is here
too, although coupled with the exposure lock - you can't meter the
different parts of the scene by simply pointing to them - exposure lock
button need to be pressed every time to get reading and second time to
release it.

After reading the entire thread on (imprecision of AF system, I've found
the opposite to be true, at least with my kit (MZ-6 and FA28/3.2
-105/4.5). If AF locks, then it is precise, at least, manually I can't
achieve more sharp looking image in viewfinder (films aren't developed
yet). Even get AF confirmation while manual focusing was hard enough -
just a little movement of focusing ring looses it. May be with manual
lens it will be different, though, as AF focusing ring has very short
movement range.

That's all for now. Just one more, MZ-6 in hands feels much better then
MZ-M - heavier and it has bigger hand grip. I have always taught, that
MZ-M's one is ideal for small/medium hands, but 6's grip is much nicer
for me.