On 12/2/2010 4:26 PM, Eric Weir wrote:

I wouldn't put it to use immediately, but I've got my eye on a Pentax
2X Teleconverter-A. I know nothing about teleconverters. General
advice would be welcome as well as comments specifically about this
one.

I haven't really done any wildlife photography, but it's on my
agenda, and I imagine it could be put to use in that connection.

Thanks,

Eric, I had a couple non-Pentax tele-converters. One I used as such another was purely macro converter. Both were only so-so though macro converter wasn't all that bad. They eat light so that if you mount 200/2.8 on 2x tele converter, you get equivalent of 400/5.6. If you mount one more 2x converter you'd be at 800/11.0.

One of the reasons I decided to cease using tele lenses was that it was an either-either choice - either mediocre results with cheap gear or gear beyond my financial reach.

Boris