Thanks, Paul.

I'll put those on my Christmas wish list, beginning with "The Camera" and see what I get.

-- Walt

On 12/2/2010 7:22 PM, paul stenquist wrote:
For a full film education in technical terms, purchase the three Ansel Adams books: :The Camera,"
"The Negative," and "The Print." Much of what you've inquired about here will be
covered in that first volume. But the other two will gi you a complete understanding of film and
processing. Some of it is only directly applicable to sheet film, but all of it is extremely valuable in
terms of understanding the technology of photography. Much of it will benefit you in digital photography
as well. The principles of light and exposure are the same, even though the medium is different.

Paul