Hi Dave,

I have this lens and I like it.  It's not ever going to be as sharp
and fast as the 16-50 f2.8 (and it won't be a s heavy either), but for
the money it's a very good lens.

My only problem with it was that I always seemed to want a little bit
more length out of it and was constantly swapping to a longer lens and
back again.  I've since added a DA 17-70 to my lens collection which I
find covers that bit extra I need.  The 16-45 is sitting around with
the other lenses that I no longer use waiting for me to sell them to
people who can help them fulfil their purpose in life (to be attached
to a camera and take pictures).

Leon