From: Walter Gilbert

  My cat just knocked it and my K-x off the top of a dresser, onto the
floor.  Fortunately, the camera still seems to be working.  But now, the
focusing ring on the lens sticks at the far and near end.

Goddammit.

Sorry to hear that.

First lesson they taught in my small format class was "Put where it's going to fall."

... i.e. never on a table or dresser where it can be pulled off, because if it can be pulled off, it *will* be pulled off. Always have it sitting on the floor or better yet in a bag when it's not in use, and have the bag sitting on the floor.