eckinator wrote:

>2010/12/5 Walter Gilbert <ldotters at gmail.com>:
>

>>When I got home and uploaded the pictures, I discovered that,
>>delightful as
>>they may have been, I couldn't really post the photos.  Because, well,
>>let's
>>just say it *wasn't* the monkey's tail.
>>

>when traveling to Borneo our guide kept pointing out the 'red chili'
>as he called it, i.e. the ridiculously inflated screaming red genitals
>of the alpha male of some kind of monkey, have to dig for the name of
>it if anyone cares to know... I'm sure glad I had no long lens on me
>that day...
>Ecke
>PS fun shot Ann =)

Indeed, fun shot, Ann!

I'll continue the trail of related photo-tales.
Back in 2007, when I took this photo (I posted it to PDML then):
http://www.komkon.org/~igor/PHOTOS/Mixed-2005-2007/BlurMoire-IMGP7964.jpg ,
I also took a few shots of the same animals, which, until now, haven't
been presented to anybody...

Be warned:
http://www.komkon.org/~igor/PHOTOS/Mixed-2005-2007/NotTail-IMGP7975.jpg

It was interesting to see kids asking their parents about the anatomical
features observed at the time. It was even more interesting to
see their parents... :-)

Igor

PS. There was some later time, when I was not quick enough to take a
photo of a 5-legged elephant... I don't remember where it was...